Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My baby goes to daycare

5.25 months
22.5 weeks
159 days
3805 hours
228300 minutes

Count it however you want, Attison and I have spent every day of his life together.  Aside from night time, when I sleep with the ear on the monitor and one eye open, I haven't been away from him for more than 4 hours at a time.  (and that was once)

Today, Attison is at daycare.  Without his mom.  I'm at home.  Working.  Yes, I am kind of overreacting and freaking out a tidbit, but I'm going to roll with it.

When we first bought VBInspect.com, we knew that for many, many years, one of the benefits of accepting the job of secretary was that you could work from home.  Most of the previous secretaries have been stay at home mom's.  So naturally, when that time came, I would also work from home and be a mom.

What I didn't realize was being a "work from home mom" and being a "stay at home mom" are often different things. Also, working from home while your kids are at school is different than working from home with an infant child.

Life with baby is full.  It is exhausting, busy, exciting, fun, confusing... It is not easy.  Working with an infant has not proven to be manageable.  Especially as he moves and grabs and tries to eat.  Someday when he crawls, climbs and actually eats....even thinking about it makes me crazy, there will be no outside work being accomplished with Mr. Moving and shaking in the house.

So we've come up with a plan:

Monday- Steph, Attison and VBinspect.  Since we don't do inspections on the weekend, I shouldn't ever have to type reports on Monday.  Should be an easy day.

Tuesday -Attison is at daycare, Steph works

Wednesday and Thursday - Our friend and part time secretary Eileen answers phones and does any sort of report publishing, problem solving she needs to.  Eileen also has a baby who is 2 months younger than Attison.  We are kind of job sharing and have been since mid-March.  It seems to be working!  This leaves these two days for Attison and I to play, grocery shop, and be a SAHM.

Friday - Attison at daycare, Steph works

Our daycare provider is going to be our friend Melissa. Our friends Melissa and Zach had their baby at the Midwife center 11 days after we had Attison.  Melissa is starting a daycare so she can still work and be with Brynn.  It is a huge blessing to us that Melissa decided to peruse her own daycare and we didn't have to look far for someone to help us care for Attison.

This is the birth announcement board at the Midwife Center.  Attison and Brynn shared the board for a few days before more babies came to be announced!

So today I'm on my own for the first time.  I have a full day planned, but I'll be counting down the minutes until I go pick up my baby sweet potato and bring him home to blow raspberries on his belly.


1 comment:

  1. Attison has to step out of the nest once in a while so he can learn to fly...I know it is hard.

    ReplyDelete