Friday, April 5, 2013

Dear JTD,

Dear Jenny the dog,

Before I had Attison I told you I'd love you forever and always take care of you.  Well, that was stupid of me.  I mean naive   See, yesterday you were gone for like an hour an a half.  I didn't really notice.  I mean, I kind of noticed, but didn't really think too hard about it.  Even when that nice lady called my phone I ignored it.  Then she rang our doorbell, which happens to be disconnected.  I didn't see her text for 45 minutes.  Oops.  Good thing she let you in her house.

And about that.  Why didn't you tear out her dog's throat?  You just went and played in the park with them and then chilled at her house for a bit?  I kind of thought she found the wrong dog because she called you "a darling."  Jenny, I love you, but you aren't a darling.  You're fun.  You are energetic.  You're a blood thirsty, squirrel killing, small dog eating mongrel.  Since when can you occupy the same space as another animal and not try and kill it?     You even tried to kill Sojo and he's twice your size.  And our friend Mogley...he just wanted to play and be submissive, but that wasn't enough from you.

So we don't take you for enough walks.  I get that.  I'm sorry.  I've been trying to spoil you with treats and beef juice.  We went on vacation and kind of forgot about you.  The roommates took care of you!  They even bought you food when we ran out!  I know, I always leave you with them and not enough food.  My bad.  I'll try to do a better job of walking you more.  Maybe now that it is warm we can go for some runs together.  That sounds fun, right?

I thought you liked the back yard?  It is sunny!  We even let you bury your dinosaur bone there.  I know you've been playing with it, you come in with dirt on your nose all the time.  How the heck did you knock that fence panel completely down?  Tim thinks it was the drunken frat boyz next door, while they tried to fit 4 cars into a driveway for 1.  But I know it was you.  You become the incredible Hulk back there.  Until I actually went outside and looked around, I was sure you jumped the 4' high fence.  I know you can do it, we've talked about it before, I think you are just afraid.  You're right, maybe you will get hurt trying.

Anyway, I won't give you away.  Maybe what we all need is some time for you to run free through the neighborhood socializing with dog friends and chasing away bad guys.  Bad guys are afraid of you, because you are big and have sharp teeth.

Thanks for being nice to Attison.  You guys are really going to have fun some day.  I know sometimes you don't want him to pet you, but think about it this way - if he is close enough to pet you, you'll be able to smell all of his stinky smells.  You love stinky smells!  He has a bunch of them.  Pretty soon he'll be dropping food for you to eat!  Oh it is going to be great...if only we can get through the next year or so without you finding your way up to Negley Avenue during rush hour.

Love,

Mamma (Steph)

1 comment:

  1. Maybe there IS hope for a relationship with Tessa and Jackson!

    ReplyDelete