Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Simplicity

"I have learned the art of simplicity is simply making peace with the complexity." - India Arie

I have also learned not to talk about a sleeping baby or he won't sleep anymore.  And I've learned that there is nothing predictable about having a baby. Here are some other things I've learned:

  • when they say your laundry will multiply exponentially, they aren't kidding
  • my house does actually look like a baby store exploded in it
  • my house will never be as clean as I want it to be
  • I can't finish anything in one attempt.  ANYTHING.
  • I talk about poop and farting like I used to talk about the sunshine and ice cream
  • sometimes when the baby pees, you just change the diaper and don't use a wipe. 
  • the trade off for not doing a diaper change in the middle of the night is that you might just wake up and your bedroom smells like a subway station. (and not the subway with the delicious fresh baked bread and sandwiches, the one the homeless people slept in for the last 85 years).
  • take longer showers
  • everything is a burp cloth
  • when someone says "can I help" the answer is always "yes"
There are probably more, but I don't have time to finish this post right now, the baby is calling...

1 comment: