Thursday, January 3, 2013

Pittsburgh Marathon Relay!

Last year on May 6th, I ran in the Pittsburgh Marathon Relay and helped raise money to send to Haiti for an organization called Haiti h2o. I happened to be 3 1/2 months pregnant and training for a 1/2 marathon in Florida.  I couldn't quite figure out why I was hitting a major road block at 7 1/2 miles- until I realized I was preggo.  I wasn't able to run that 1/2 marathon, so we've set our hopes on running one this year.

Here is a picture of Attison and I running (note: he is in my belly).

6.1 miles later, here are Attison and I stopping and Aunt Sarah starting her 4.7 mile leg.

This year, some of the Yorko Women (my mom's family) are running the Pittsburgh Marathon Relay as a charity race for The Pittsburgh Project.  (see The Pittsburgh Project!)  If you are interested in supporting The Pittsburgh Project, or The Yorko Women (our relay team name: consists of myself, Linda, Sarah, Gloria and Erin), donate through the widget below!  Our goal is $750, but as with all fundraisers, we can always raise more!  The minimum gift is $10.

No comments:

Post a Comment