Saturday, February 16, 2013

Jenny killed a dinosaur

In other news... We bought a 1/4 of a cow.  A few of our friends got together and bought a cow and had it butchered.  Did you know you need almost an entire deep freezer to hold 1/4 cow?  I didn't.  I definitely underestimated how much space we would need.  It all fits though, and I won't be buying beef from the store for at least a year.   (Our 1/4 cow contained at least 25 lbs. of ground beef plus tons of steaks and other cuts.)

While at the butcher, Tim found this labeled "dog bones" and bought one for Jenny for $4.  She is estatic beyond belief.  One night Katy said "I think Jenny is loosing her mind" and explained that she was bowing to the bone and scraping her nose on the ground. She also demonstrated, which was hilarious. Since I've watched Jenny bury many-a treat in my garden I was able to quickly debunk this mysterious behavior. She has rubbed her nose raw trying to "bury" it in the carpet. 

She also drags her bone around the living room and from the kitchen it kind of sounds like a dinosaur is trying to tiptoe around my house.  And I don't know if you've heard a dinosaur tiptoe before but it sounds like this..."thumpthump....grrrr....thump...lick, lick, lick, lick, lick, lick, lick, lick, lick, scratch, thump." With more licking and then some carpet rubbing.  Then Jenny drinks a liter of water, nudges me and goes to sit by the back door.  (Did I mention the bone was smoked?"). Once outside she goes around the yard and barks, as if to say "I killed a friggin dinosaur bitches!" (She can say that, most of our dog neighbors are girls.)

No comments:

Post a Comment