Sunday, December 8, 2013

Cars and holidays

So, I'm pregnant.  And I have a 13 month old who weighs 24 lbs.  I also often have a 5-10 lb diaper bag.  It is hard to go places. But it is quite rewarding to go places, so we often pack up our crap and go dog go!

On the Sunday after Thanksgiving, after we had a lovely week with Regina, Dennis and Carolyn coming to McConnellsburg again to celebrate Thanksgiving at Linda's House on Cooper Ln, we made our rounds of town saying goodbye.  I dropped the boys off at my Grandmas to go get gas (and coffee and have 5 minutes of alone time).  When I got back Sarah and Andy had arrived and my cousin Adam's car is usually parked out front also.  Not feeling like parking in the driveway in the back, nor across or down the street, I made a parking spot of my own, in the front yard. 

The neighbor was quite confused when he pulled in and saw the shenanigans happening across the street. 


I got a $60 ticket once for parking facing the wrong direction in front of my gram's house a few years ago.  (Yeah, really, there was 1 police officer and so little crime that he took the time to give me a stupid ticket for visiting my grandma. Jerkface. It isn't like he didn't know who I was and why I was there and couldn't have knocked on the door and come in for some pie.)  These days there is no longer a police force in the burg' and the state police don't have time to worry about holiday parking shenanigans.  So park wherever I want? ok!

What is the point of this post anyway?  I don't know.  I think it is funny. And if I come to visit you before February and there isn't a convenient parking space maybe I'll put put my car on your front porch.  I have all wheel drive now.

No comments:

Post a Comment